FALLBROOK – The Fallbrook Library will host several free events in June, including concerts, a lecture, book talks and craft, food and writing workshops.
- Thursday, June 9 at 6:30 p.m., in History of the USS Midway, Chris Day and Rob Boyd will share the ship’s remarkable history from warship to a museum. The lecture is sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
- Sunday, June 12 at 2 p.m., in a craft presentation and demonstration, master crocheter Diego Viveros creates bright and colorful art with tapestry crochet inspired by the beauty of Mexican culture.
- Monday, June 13 at 1 p.m., The Insight Book Club meets to discuss “Cabaret of Plants” by author Richard Mabey. The book takes readers on a journey of relations between plants and humans.
- Thursday, June 16, at 1 p.m., Bob Freaney & Friends will play and discuss classical music.
- Thursday, June 16 at 1 p.m., Pop-up Craft for Adults offers color craft for adults to enjoy with a background musical serenade.
- Thursday, June 16 at 7 p.m., Jazzgrass honors the new and more progressive side of Bluegrass music with Barnaby Finch on piano, Don Reed on mandolin, dobro and guitar, Lily McCabe on fiddle and her partner, Wayne Cameron, and Jeff Olson on drums with veteran ace Sean Longstreet rounding out the band. The concert is sponsored by the Friends of the Fallbrook Library.
- Sundays, June 19 and June 26 at 2 p.m., a two-part workshop with KB Gressitt will help attendees get started with hints and guidelines for aspiring writers. The first workshop will address creative writing and the second will be about writing memoirs. Limited to 12 adults, pre-register at the library.
- Monday, June 20 at 3 p.m., Smita Vasant, owner of a treat shop in Little India, will demonstrate how to prepare mango relish and tuna croquet with Indian spices. Limited to 24 adults, pre-register at the library.
- Thursday, June 23 at 6 p.m., there will be a book to movie discussion of “The Finest Hours,” includes reading the book by Tougias and Sherman, watching the movie and joining in a discussion.
- Monday, June 27 at 3 p.m., Reuben Castillo, Fallbrook caterer, will demonstrate preparing three types of empanadas: picadillo, veggie and sweet. Limited to 24 adults, pre-register at the library.
- Tuesday, June 28 at 4 p.m., Faux Batique with Denise will show attendees easy and quick ways to create a batique design on cloth (bird, leaf, flower). Be prepared to get messy, get inspired and have a lot of fun. Workshop materials will be provided. Limited to 12 adults, pre-register at the library.
- Thursday, June 28 at 6 p.m., concert: Vigilantes with the Fallbrook Kid, features local Fallbrook musicians.
The Fallbrook Library is located at 124. S Mission Rd. For more information, visit www.sdcl.org or call (760) 731-4653.